The Doctoral Consortium is scheduled prior to the main conference program on Sun 30. June 2013.
The Doctoral Consortium offers research students a special forum where they can present, discuss and progress their research plans with peers and established senior researchers. We thank the following respondents who have agreed to provide feedback and commentary:
- Prof Ann Light, Northumbria University
- Assoc Prof Marcus Foth, Queensland University of Technology
- Ass Prof Lu Xiao, University of Western Ontario
Research students wishing to apply for the Doctoral Consortium should submit up to 4 pages, using the ACM SIGCHI two column layout available at http://www.sigchi.org/chipubform, addressing the following:
- setting up your research area and specific research question(s)/goals(s)
- key related work
- significance and innovation (expected contributions)
- Overall research approach, methodology
- Work in progress (including findings to date and next steps);
- Questions and issues (that you’d like discussions at the DC to focus on), and what you hope to gain from attending the DC;
- Short bio
Places at the consortium will be offered based on a review of the submitted proposals.
Please send applications by I May 2013 to Geraldine Fitzpatrick, Doctoral Consortium Chair: geraldine dot fitzpatrick AT tuwien dot ac dot at